Sunday, September 13, 2015

Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Cookies

It's been ages since I last baked something with peanut butter. At some point after finishing my studies, I got over my "addiction". I stopped having a peanut butter sandwich every morning and the peanut butter jars disappeared from my cupboard. But when I was looking for a suitable treat for a saturday afternoon with a bunch of kiddies, I thought that these cookies might be a safe bet. And, of course, I had to stop myself from eating peanut butter from the jar with a spoon again… A huge thank you goes out to Susanne, her husband and their kids for a super fun afternoon. Hope to see you again soon!




Recipe
(from Life is Sweet by The Hummingbird Bakery)

115g butter, softened
110g caster sugar
100g soft light brown sugar
1 large egg
125g peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
165g plain flour
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
50g mini marshmallows or chopped larger marshmallows

Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line three large baking trays with parchment paper.

With an electric whisk, cream together butter and sugar for about 5 minutes on a medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and peanut butter to the mixture and beat for 2 more minutes. Sift together dry ingredients and add them to the butter-sugar-mixture. Beat on a lower speed for a few moments until all is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Fold in the marshmallows by hand.

Using a tablespoon, form the cookie dough into balls (weighing about 30g each). Place these balls of dough on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 5cm between them.

Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails