Monday, February 20, 2012

Chocolate and Orange Muffins

Yesterday's family day was great! We had a lot of fun and I think, I haven't laughed so much in weeks :-) My dad has developed a passion for cooking as well over the past few years and he cooked a delicious meal for us! Baking is not so much his thing, so, as I said, that was my part. I did not only bring along brownies. Though the brownies were the big hit, those muffins were pretty popular, too. I used Leila Lindholm's basic muffin recipe which I like very much. The orange zest and the dark chocolate are a great combination.




Recipe
(slightly adapted from: Leila Lindholm - Piece of Cake)

100g butter
200ml milk
Grated zest of one lemon
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract/vanilla sugar
240g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
Grated zest of two oranges
200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with 12 moulds with paper cups.

Melt butter in a little saucepan, let cool slightly. Then, add lemon zest and milk. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until foamy. Add the lukewarm butter-milk-mixture. Add orange zest. Then, sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Add about 3/4 of the chocolate and mix well.

Fill the dough into your prepared paper cups. Top with the remaining chocolate pieces. Bake for about 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails